View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 01:47 PM   #5
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I envy the handful of members on the MOC that openly tout their dealerships. I've had the same dismal experience as you report with trips to three different dealers over a span of 18 years. One time they bent the landing gear extension moving the fiver around and put on a rusted up extension they dug out of the trash ... never mentioned it till I asked what the "H" is going on with the landing gear leg ... then mentioned it was damaged during their possession and assured me another extension was on order. I said you might as well order a whole new landing gear leg as just the extension isn't gonna get it with me. They did.

Another time I went to check on progress and found my fiver sitting on the back lot with every possible lock unlocked with most all my personal possessions and camping gear ripe for the pickens. They were sure sorry they had overlooked locking it up??? Why was every door unlocked to start with???

At another dealer, the "Master Mechanic" assigned to replaced my entry door didn't use any backup material while he was prying the door away from the wall of the fiver. He left dozens of tick marks all around the high gloss side of my 3150. It went to a body shop to repair the damage done to the exterior sidewall before I would hook up to it.
I've said it before and I'll say it again ... I'd rather roll in crushed glass than take my fiver to a dealer. I've always been handy with anything mechanical. Have the factory just send me the parts under warranty or not and I'll put them on. Much heartache is avoided this way.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote