Thread: Propane Usage
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 05:56 AM   #22
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jretz

Alittle of question, but before I open up my fireplace to check, is there a blower fan in the fireplace heating assembly. It does not seem that the heat comes out our fireplace as strong as it should. It is hot in front of the metal grates but it takes awhile to heat up the living room area. With an outside temp of 45 degrees and the fireplace on our heater still keeps kicking on fairly often with the thermostat set at 68 degrees.
A little off topic but...
Jim and Carol our fireplace works about the same so I pulled it out and took off the top. There is a rather large squirrel cage fan that looks like it is working as designed, a little low on air flow but it helps do the job.

It is in the low 20s and night and getting to the low 30s in the day here. we use the fireplace heater and a ceramic heater but leave the propane heater on also. We make sure that the propane heater is going on and off as I have now seen 4 rigs freeze up and split holding tanks in the last week here in the park. Old rigs with tanks open to the air.

At night we turn off the fireplace and run the propane and the ceramic heaters, but we also close the bedroom door and shut the floor vent to keep it cold in there for sleeping. The bedroom gets down to abut 55 deg. I will let every one know if we have any problem when it gets closer to 0 deg. in January or February. This is our last winter in the cold. Horray...horray.

Dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote