View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 09:16 PM   #1
JLorne
Established Member

M.O.C. #21760
Question Plugged in but battery not charging.

I have had my trailer in front of my house for about a week. I have it plugged in going from the 50amp reduced to 30amp reduced again to 110. So basically I ran an extension cord from my garage and using adapters I plugged it in. I needed minimal electric, mainly just lights.

After a few days all the ceiling lights, awnings and slides have no power. However the ceiling fan, tv, microwave and a few other things do have power. No breakers or fuses tripped. I just assumed that being plugged in, even to 110 would charge the battery.

Why are half the electronics working and the other half not? Will plugging it in this way not charge the battery? Must it be plugged into 30 amp or 50 amp to charge the battery?

So now, I have it cleaned up ready for a Mother’s Day trip and the slides are stuck open. Will I have to remove the batteries and bring them in and charge them?

Just for my general education, why is this happening? Are there somehow two circuits? One is running off battery and one off the 110?

Thanks for your help!
JLorne is offline   Reply With Quote