Thread: Mud dobbers
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 05:29 AM   #14
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelff View Post
I would caution against screening your A/C unit. This really cuts down air flow and efficiency. You want all the air flow you can get. I have covers that I cover them with while inn storage which keeps the critters out. You should pull the covers off your A/C units every spring and late fall and inspect and clean your unit if needed. I have screens on my furnace and water heater but not on my fridge. I put screens on them while in storage but not while traveling. Again, you want as much free air flow as possible. If you keep a regular inspection routine you will stay ahead of the critters.

The only way that made sense to me was some time ago I saw an article or forum post where someone took the a/c covers off, cut out all of the ribs in the vents, made up a strengthening framework then used some screening. Removing those ribs opened up the plenum area but the screening put it back to close to where it had been. Myself - a yearly spring cleaning and a pair of $18-20 Camco a/c covers will do it for me
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote