View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 07:45 PM   #8
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
I'm pretty certain that the setup Dutchman referred to has nothing with "a gooseneck hitch for fifth wheel trailers" I ran a Reese combo setup on bed mounted rails in the bed of a 3500 Ram for 5 years and only the Lord knows how many miles. Why you may ask? Because I could pin in the gooseneck ball to the rails when pulling my gooseneck trailers. When I wanted to pull my fifth wheel, I merely unpinned the gooseneck hitch and installed a 20K fifth wheel hitch to the mounting rails instead. Easy peasy, never one bit of trouble or hassle, and always there for whatever type of trailer hitch I needed. Not sure if Reese was the first with this concept or not, but they were spot on for having the right tool for the job at the time. Either the Reese fifth wheel hitch was a lot lighter back then, or my back was a lot younger back then. Not sure which, but I use a tractor and front end loader to get our B&W Companion hitch out when needed. Safe travels and happy camping

Edit: Dutchman you are an AWESOME neighbor.....
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote