View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 07:17 AM   #12
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Two travel trailers ago, I had a similar problem and it was an on-going problem, but it was an easy fix.

Basically, what's happened is your awning is simply not square to the trailer, so when it rolls up, the closer to the end of rolling up, the greater the off-square is attempting to push the arms (from the roller) out of square.

Solution: either on the roller end or the end attached to the trailer simply needs to be slid in the track to make the awning square to the trailer again.

Making it square to the awning roller will not solve the problem, it might even make it worse. So, slide the awning in the track until it lines up square to the trailer. Now, if you have a set screw in the track, screw both ends back down again. But, in time, the awning will shift again and the arms will be out of align again when you roll up the awning.

I used a carpenter square on the side of the trailer against the extended awning. I got pretty good after a while knowing exactly where to reposition the awning. I found it much easier to slide it on the trailer side, than on the roller side, because the roller has 2 grooves to slide in.

And yes, it does require some "muscle" so tug and pull that awning to get it to move in that groove. There's probably nothing wrong with your awning arms.

Good luck.
DutchmenSport is online now   Reply With Quote