View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 08:59 AM   #44
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABURKHOLDER View Post
Howdy y'all. I am looking into a purchase of a Predator 3500 watt inverter generator. My question is not about that. I am considering carrying it in the front storage/generator area of the RV. I am thinking permanently. I would put in some sort of foam for vibration isolation and some sound deadening material. I would pipe the exhaust out like what is done if I had an Onan installed. My question is...has anyone done something like this and if so how do you like it ?
Any thoughts or suggestions on this idea would be helpful.

P.S.
Added pin weight is not an issue. F350 dually tow vehicle.
Don't want to mount a rack to the back of the RV. Too much bouncing back there.
Don't want to have to lift it (100lbs) into the truck and secure it every time I take a trip.

Hopefully this keeps us on topic.
Thanks in advance.
Funny how almost every thread on this forum veers off topic. As the original poster, I asked a specific question and indicated specific items I did not want to do. I thought this would help keeps discussions on topic. I was wrong. Only 5 of the 43 responses addressed my question and only 3 gave me food for thought. It seems that most folks did not read the original post and are responding to other folks responses. Makes it hard sometimes to get good advice to a specific question.

If I have questions, I will still ask and hopefully get direct answers.

Thanks for your responses albeit not always on topic.

Rule #1. The Chief is always right.
Rule #2. When in doubt, refer to rule #1.
JABURKHOLDER is offline   Reply With Quote