View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 10:21 AM   #1
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
This weather is beginning to wear me down

We travel a lot! For the last 3 years, we've been "working from camper" as we've both had opportunity to "work from home." My wife has always been officially a "home office" with her company. My company gave us the opportunity to work from home 3 days a week (this was before covid). When covid hit, they pushed us all home permanently. This worked out great for us as now we could plan much longer trips and much farther distances. So, for the next 2 years life was wonderful! Work and home had a magnificent "balance."

A little over a year ago, I retired. We were still basically "on the road" but do occasionally return home and then take off again. My son lives in our house, which we actually deed over to him, so there is always someone at home. He also is 100% work from home. We were all 3 working with computer code development for our respective companies.

Well, I retired January 2022 and for the next several months we were "GONE!" It was great.

Then we returned "home" the week after Thanksgiving (2022) and had several things that needed to get done. I had several things I wanted fixed or replaced on the Montana (line bearings packed, a new awning, and turned out I had a bent axle and got a new tire also).

Meanwhile, since the end of November, we've been "grounded". Mostly because my wife had a planned surgery for late February which would require several weeks of recovery. So, we decided to stay "home" this winter.

I kept myself busy. I build a new section of kitchen cabinets in the kitchen. We picked up 3 new baby chickens (that WILL travel with us once we get moving again), the dogs had scheduled vet visits, and I'm picking up and taking my grandson to school every day (every other week). He's 50/50 (week on, week off) with his mother and the school district is in her address.

In addition I also made some changes in the camper, put in a new floor in the slide out, laid new laminate flooring in 3 rooms in the house (including the kitchen).

So, as you can see, I've maximized my time at "home" during this little "off road" time. But now, I've got everything I wanted to do done and the weather turned into YUCK again outside. There are tree branches that need to be picked up and I'd love to go through all the junk in the loft of the garage and get rid of all that stuff, but it's just horrible nasty cold wet weather outside.

I'm bord! And this weather is beating me down now. It's just too yucky to go outside!

(on a good point though, we are taking the camper out for a week-end at an Indiana State Park on March 31.)

Meanwhile ... I'm bord!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote