View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 09:25 AM   #18
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBul31 View Post
Mike, if your still out there and have the details on your design, I would appreciate diagrams and details so Ok can make these for my unit.
Remember....KISS... Keep it simple so I can understand. I read pictures much better than text. :-)

Thanks for anything you have.
Ok, I’m back. So you need to go to HD, or Lowes, go to where they have the screen supplies and purchase some 7’ screen frame in either white or brown. I think those are the only colors. My guess is you will need a minimum of 4. Any unused you can take back.. Your solar screen is there in rolls as well. First, measure each window accurately, the glass only. Triple check your measurements! Figure out how much length you will need and buy the appropriate length roll. You might need a second smaller length roll but wait and see. My slide out windows have frames so thats why I measure only the glass where you will cover with the screen. Measure each window and write them down. The longest part of the window is where the frame will go so some windows might have frames vertical, some horizontal . This is to give the screen the most support. You are only using frame on two opposite ends. When taking them down you can roll them up. You will need a spline tool to insert the spline and they are cheap. You will need a large table to roll out and work on your screen. You will also need something to cut the frame to size. I used my jig saw with a metal cutting blade. Remember the outside edge of your frame should measure the dimension of your window measurement. Find something to hold your frame in place while you fit your screen and insert the spline. You should have an inch or more to trim. Your accurate measurements are key. Insert the spline and trim excess. I leave any excess on the UNFRAMED sides to overlap the windows. The velcro type heavy duty self stick come in 1 inch squares. The large windows will need 2 of the 1 inch squares on each end and one on the middle on the top end, with 2, 1 inch squares on each end at the bottom. Small windows can get by with 1, 1 inch squares. Only problem so far Is the windows with frames still heat up and still get quite hot. I didn’t want to put that velcro on the frames as they could be problematic getting them off. Glass is easier using some adhesive remover like goof off. I am going to test using some Reflex it on the tops of the windows and solar screen on bottom half. The reflex tix can cover the entire frame while attached to the windows. I’ll post pics later.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote