View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 01:32 PM   #1
Robokatz
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28338
Bed Platform Problem

I have an issue with brand new 2022 Montana, and since this is my 1st RV I am not sure what things SHOULD look like, or how they should operate.

The attached pictures are our bed platform as you face the bed. Pictures
347 and 348 are the left side of the bed as you face it. As you can see, there is a roller sticking out just a little from under the platform, and the platform is about 1" off the floor, then gets slightly lower as you move to the
where the platform attaches to the headboard area.

The other pics are the right side as you face the bed. As you can see, the platform is sitting ON the floor (so the entire platform is tilted from left to right like, although the platform slowly raises off the floor as it moves to the headboard area).

The front panel has also torn away, which I assume comes from the platform dragging on the floor as the slide was put out. I am of course now worried about tearing the floor if I try to put the slide in.

First, what SHOULD I be seeing, meaning what does a normal Montana platform look like in relation to any rollers/height off of the floor? I am guessing there should be rollers on left and right sides...should they be visible on both sides like in pic 347, or should they sit inside the sides of the platform? Can anyone send me some pictures of what a "normal" platform looks like, and if possible what it looks like UNDER the platform? Of course I also need to know the best way to get underneath to see what is going on without breaking anything. Obviously I need to remove bed, but then what?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0347.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	12285   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0348.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	12286   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0349.jpg