View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 04:48 PM   #20
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNJim B View Post
I had a single Marine type battery from the dealer rated at 70AH. Residential fridge would kill it overnight. Needed to go larger and was looking at 2-6v set up when I found this battery.

Attachment 7777

We don't boon dock but sometimes overnight at a rest area or truck stop w/o shore power. This is 200 AH equivalent to two 6v batts. and nearly as heavy (130lbs). Had to use a portable engine hoist to get it in the compartment. Since it is a sealed AGM battery I didn't need the bulky vented battery box and gained much storage space in the forward compartment. My TV has a huge alternator and will charge it up just fine in between stops. I do carry a gen just in case we stay longer. I have only had it for two months but so far I am very pleased with the set up.
That's a very clean setup. I absolutely hate the box with the vent tube we have now. I finally got up enough courage up to try an overnight on them.

We were in the middle of nowhere so I could run the generator as long as i wanted. I kept it running until about 10:00 then shut everything down. By morning the batteries were right at 50%. So glad I didn't try all night as I'm sure they would have been stone dead.
R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote