View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 08:32 AM   #17
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Us diesel owners tend to tell you that you will never be happy with anything but a diesel. But of course, there are many towing with gassers and are perfectly happy. Yes, the gasser will run at higher rpms especially climbing grades. And will not get you to the top of the mountain pass as fast. And may downshift more on rolling highways. But that is something gas owners accept. I think the diesel will be more enjoyable on long highway trips where it will cruise at 70 mph and about 1,800 rpm, rarely downshifting. And will pull mountain passes with relative ease.

I had a 2004 F250 6.0 diesel and a 2007 F350 6.0 diesel. And now a 2012 F350 6.7 diesel. I can tell you from experience that the noise of the 6.7 is much much less than the 6.0, almost to the point you really don't hear it. And with all the new emissions controls there is virtually no odor. So don't let those two issues bother you. Test drive one and see for yourself. The higher maintenance cost of oil changes and fuel filter changes is something we accept.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote