View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 08:19 AM   #16
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirvin0500 View Post
The DW absolutely doesn't want a dually. If the consensus is that is what we'd require, I might have to look at another model or brand.
I totally get this, and I'm in the same boat with my wife. This won't be a popular opinion here, but you might be able to get by with a 3500 SRW truck. We have a 3741FK, about the same pin weight, and can stay under the payload, especially with the rear slide out tray. We keep everything back there, which unloads the pin to a certain extent. HOWEVER, we are not full timers, and we don't have the need to have "stuff" in our front basement. I'm sure that would be different if we were full timing, with all of the extra stuff that we would have to carry along with us.

The unfortunate thing for you is that you don't know what pin weight is going to be on your fully loaded rig, because you don't have it yet.

I think that you're going to have a hard time staying inside the bounds on a 3500 SRW if you're full timing. As for the dually comment, you mention getting another brand, was that truck or 5er? Another brand in that length is going to be about the same weight, and the duallys all look about the same as far as stance.

Good luck with your journey!!