Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 07:56 AM   #1
bigrockbruce
Established Member

M.O.C. #4292

We are a little slow in introducing ourselves since we joined the forum on Aug 1,2005. To date we have received several messages from you fine members on our first 2 posting questions so I want to thank you all for your advise.
Bruce has worked for Puget Sound Energy in Washington State for 33 years. He is a service lineman and plans to retire in about 4 years. When he isn’t working around our 7 acres here in Duvall, he loves to watch “his” Mariners, Seahawks, Sonics and Huskies. Yes, I know they have struggled lately but Bruce still keeps the faith.
I (Linda) have helped him raise our 3 boys. They are 29, 26 & 23 and sorta on their own. We have traveled with them to many parts of the country watching them play baseball and basketball. I have also enjoyed being an Avon representative for the past 23 years.
Today is Bruce’s 56th birthday and boy did he go all out this year on the present for himself. He bought a Wedgwood Blue 2005 FORD F350 – 6.0 diesel – 4X4 – long bed on Aug 12 and our 3295RL on Aug 19th.
We are busy buying and getting everything ready for our first trip out. We have one (we hope not major) problem that Bruce is working on. As he was towing the 5th wheeler home from the dealer in Burlington, his truck brake controller flashed red and then back to normal green. The flashing red light indicated that he had problem with the brakes and or the connection. We have the factory installed trailer brake system on the Ford. Bruce talked to the RV service department yesterday but the service manager advised him to take the truck into Ford to have them trace the electrical problem. He didn’t think it was a problem with the 5th wheeler. We’ll see! We have an appointment for the truck on Wed. but after reading many of your postings regarding braking issues Bruce doesn’t think it is a truck issue. He just knows he isn’t going to tow it until this braking situation is cleared up and we hope we won’t have a problem with the RV service people coming to our house to fix it.
I/we are so pleased that we were told about this website and hopefully we will get to meet some of you on our trips.
Have a great day!
Linda
bigrockbruce is offline   Reply With Quote