View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 06:16 PM   #43
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHoon View Post
All, thank you very much for the helpful feedback. To those who suggested we should have read the covenants before buying, I would like to assure you that I did read them before buying my house five years ago and before buying a fifth wheel a month ago.

I am interested in your thoughts to the below. The first section is my HOA’s interpretation of the rule, followed by the actual covenant. Our interpretation is that we are fine to park in the street indefinitely l, so long as we do not keep or store the RV on our property.

Recreational Vehicles (RVs), motor homes, boats, etc are not permitted in the community nor are they permitted to be parked overnight in our community. Generally, the board allows short periods of loading and unloading during the day. If you desire to keep it any longer in the community, please coordinate that approval first with the HOA Board -- refer to Covenants, Article X, Section 1.m

Article X Section 1
(m) Objectionable Vehicles. Except as elsewhere herein provided, no junk or inoperable vehicle or other vehicle on which currently valid registration plates are not displayed, commercial vehicle, trailer, camper, camp truck, house trailer, boat, or other similar machinery or equipment of any kind or character (except for such equipment and machinery as may be reasonable, customary and usual in connection with the use and maintenance of any dwelling and except for such equipment and machinery as the Association may require in connection with the maintenance and operation of the Common Areas) shall be kept upon the Property nor shall the repair or extraordinary maintenance of automobiles or other vehicles be carried out thereon. The Board may, in its discretion, provide and maintain a suitable area designated for the parking of such vehicles or the like.
I for one want NO parts of any HOA. Read the BS above. I will do what I dame well please ( with in reason ) on my 5 ac property.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote