View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 04:07 AM   #16
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
The braiding assists in preventing a burst but does not guarantee such. Our washing machine hoses are those braided non-burst lines; and we have a water pressure regulator set for 65PSI on our stick home line -- 2 year old hose burst a year ago. The chemicals in the water just ate the rubber away I guess. In any case, we had both water hoses replaced and, had the washer preventative maintenance check done at the same time. Tech said that hoses last 3 to 4 years locally; ours failing early was a fluke but I wonder how many others are on borrowed time with their hoses -- I never replaced the past set!!

Now, back on topic a bit -- I have some Pex water lines and some hard copper lines running in my stick home. Water heater was replaced 2 months ago -- the hard copper lines running to and from the water heater were filled with material (looked like plague they show in heart arteries) and very narrow center still open. The pex lines which 'T' off right before and after the water heater (they run to where we moved our washer and dry to) were clean.... Plumbers said it was the chemicals / solids in the water once again and that the pex holds up in local homes much better. All of this (water heater and pex) were installed a little over 2 years ago as we renovated some of our basement and moved some utilities.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote