View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 05:26 AM   #37
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Marshall & Rosemary, I'm not sure if you've been to Walnut Hills or not. We spent 5 weeks there a year ago this past August/Sep including a week with two of our granddaughters. It's a nice park.

If you can, try to get on the upper level. If not there, then around the lake. The lower area in the trees by the creek can be a problem when they get a lot of rain. While we were there a few hours of very intense rain flooded that creek and those who were camped within 100 yards or so.

Also, some of their sites have instant phone. Read the fine print, though. You pay a daily amount for the phone but in the fine print it says you also pay two cents per minute surcharge. I didn't find out about this until end of the month when I went in to settle up. Just be aware of it.

It's a beautiful area and there's a lot of historical things to see and do in the area. You probably already know that. Yes, I would recommend the park.

Good luck with your rally. If we happen to be in the area at the right time we hope to join you. Our granddaughters are in Springfield, a ways away, but if we're there to see them anywhere close to your rally we'll try to attend.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote