View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 05:55 PM   #20
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
You do it however way you you are comfortable with - but don't suggest to me that my way is wrong. I along with many thousands of others are happy with using a compressor. Like I said, no big deal. If I was concerned about a little contamination, I'd live in a bubble room with air locks, etc. since every bit of the earth's air, water and soil have been contaminated with junk you can't even pronounce

I do whats comfortable, did not suggest it was wrong. I said WHY !!!!!. Yup, we got some dirty,air, but I don't need to coat my water lines with oily water.

I just think people need to be aware of what they are blowing into those water lines, will it hurt probably not, but why !!!

Lets get back to the why!!. If I thought for one second they needed to be blown out, I would do it. I open the two low points, open up everything that I can ,and that lets the air in , and that lets the low point valves to drain even more. I get very minimal water coming out, before I see antifreeze.

As far as the water line to the water heater I can see the purpose of using air there, and I also see one pointing out the anti syphon valve on the blank tank flush freezing ,now thats something I can listen too.

I just don't see the wisdom in blowing out something thats going to get filled with antifreeze, if there is I missed it . I have a friend that does not want to use antifreeze ,so he blows out the lines , I get that .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote