View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 12:54 PM   #48
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmi01 View Post
I've owned Fleetwood, K-Z, Gulf Stream (owned by Thor), and 3 different Keystone products (all after Thor purchase) and I will by another Montana when the time comes.

All of the above had some issues which I corrected mostly. My current Montana has had the cooling unit replaced on the Norcold refrigerator under warranty. No issues with getting it done. Is the A?C a little flakey, yes sometimes it is but it cools the trailer nicely. I rarely have to "jump start" it by turning it off and back on. In my case, I suspect a flakey Dometic thermostat. I may end up replacing it with an Atwood one.

I work for a major agricultural and construction equipment, engine and powertrain, and commercial vehicle manufacturer. The issues seen at our production plants look a lot like what the RV industry is producing on the assembly lines. Difference is we don't ship it unless it is ready, numbers aside. Our dealer won't accept or deal with what the RV industry puts out. The entire RV industry needs look at quality before shipment. If that were done and done right, the dealer would have an easier time doing the more profitable work they need to stay in business.

All in all, I love my Keystone products and will continue to recommend and purchase them.

I'm not sure why so many are not so fond of Thor. Parent corporations don't have the time or staff to micro manage the divisions under the parent. Do they ask for profit levels, yes. best way to accomplish that is reduce and / or eliminate quality issue. Quality programs work, just ask the big 3 auto manufacturers.

Sorry for a long rant. Just expressing my .02 centse worth.

Mike
I agree 100% Mike. The manufacturers are all located in Amish country where getting home early to milk the cows has a high priority. I guess higher than making sure wires are properly connected and screws tightened or even put where needed. Things were better when fewer units put pressure on employees. Added to the problem is a shortage of warm bodies, experienced or trainable is not even considered. That is evident in my 5er as the person applying interior trim should never have been permitted within 100 yards of a nail gun.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote