View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 07:34 AM   #45
bethandkevin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12331
[QUOTE=Dmcgrew;1076098]We had a 2014 3402RL and loved the floor plan and functionality of the coach. I found the quality was less than I would have expected considering the price paid. Most RV's have quality problems and Montana is no exception. I experienced several minor problems with ours which were easily repaired by myself. Two larger problems included repeating failure of the grey and black water tanks even when great care was taken to protect the tanks from over filling or traveleing with fluid in them. Montana was contacted on the failure of the 3rd tank and I was informed that they have not had any problem with tank failures. They were of no assistance to correct the problem. Frame on my model was found to be too light and a change was made to a larger frame, of course after the purchase of mine. No assistance was provided on the frame failure and I eventually traded it off for SOB. Part if not all of the problem I experienced was a result of purchasing the fifth from Camping World. They have a great sales experience but really suffer when trying to provide service or after the sale assistance.
I would not rule out purchasing another Montana but would go in with eyes wide open and never would I purchase from Camping World.[/QUOT

We have the same model one year older is the reason for responding with the quote. We have not experienced any major issues with ours. All of the issues we did experience were corrected in a timely manner by the delivering dealer-Camping World of Northern Michigan. We have had the typical Norcold refrigerator issue, I believe it to be scale in the cooling unit although it has not been a problem at all this year. We had the flex issue that was buckling the closet wall-but not breaking any seals on the walls. Staples coming out under the rubber roof-replaced with screws. When fall camping on the property in northern Michigan, I put this trailer through hell getting in the woods. I think it has performed well. No tank issues and we nearly always travel with the water full and the black/grays empty. I think we got a great deal on the purchase. Great service from our dealer. We would definitely look at Montana again-when the décor changes to appeal to our taste. We do not like the current wood/finish. We like a more natural look which is what drew us to the Hickory Edition. We don't anticipate a purchase for some time. We love ours too much.
bethandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote