Thread: MoRryde steps
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 11:37 AM   #3
bleedmichigan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy E View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else hate these 1 piece fold up MoRryde steps? My reasons are this. 1st off, you can not stop in a rest area/ truck stop and safely leave them folded out into the next parking spot without someone running over them. If You would spend the night inside while at the truck stop, and somehow you folded them up, what do you do if someone parks next to you while you are sleeping? 2nd, when we do stop along a road or a pull off area, the steps will never reach the ground if you are parked on the side of a paved road. The ground is always lower than the pavement. The steps bottom out and will damage the side of the Monty unless you block them up.The adjustable legs are useless. 3rd, all the dirt, sand,whatever you can think of, falls out of all the hiding spots and messes up the floor inside. I'm a dirt freak. I can't go in until the floor is wiped up. 4th reason is when I park inside my garage, I must be farther than 4 feet from the wall or I can't get the steps down, due to them hitting the wall. Space indoors is precious stuff. Then 5th, there is always the thought in the back of my mind, that for whatever reason the leveling jacks would settle/ fail,That the steps would jam the door. Hopefully not while I'm sleeping inside.
All I want is my folding outside steps back. They don't ever touch the ground and cause issues with uneven areas when we stop.I can fold them out part way and still get inside.

I can't be the only one who wishes for old technology folding steps. Or maybe something even better that hasn't been invented yet
All valid points. You can always switch the morryde out for glowsteps. We have two doors one with morryde steps and the other with glowsteps for just such an instance as you have mentioned.
bleedmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote