View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 01:33 PM   #16
mdmarmd
Established Member

M.O.C. #20369
I don't fault my friend at all for trying to be helpful. We are a close community of friends and try to look out for each others stuff when the other is away. As I wrote, they heard a beeping sound coming from the RV and the husband came over to investigate. The Panel door was unlocked so he looked at it and saw the two valves that were marked OD and ODS and OFF. Since they are under the Auto Leveling Panel it would be easy to conclude they needed to be switched off. He does not have a newer, RV with this type of amenity so he did a common sense thing. His wife did report back to my wife that he "turned it off". I recall being a little puzzled since I knew that the panel turns itself off after a brief period but didn't think more of it at the time.

I'm the one that should have known about this since it's my RV and, looking at the valves as I attach the picture, "Hydraulic Room Control" is written plainly below the knobs.

My problem was, though I recall reading somewhere about what those knobs were for, that was back in 2017 when I bought the RV, it didn't seem relevant to me at the time since I'd never move the RV myself and didn't foresee a need to turn off one or the other slide out.

When the current problem occurred my focus was centered on the forward compartment where the pump and all the hydraulic valves and lines are located. I never thought to look at the side panel as I associated that purely with the leveling system.

Anyway, it is a good lesson for future newbies. I will attach a picture of the leveling panel as requested. It is located on the driver side around the corner from the front compartment.

I am still not sure what the beeping was about, any ideas?

Also, I mentioned that I had seen "Travel Lockout On" written in red across each item on the InCommand panel when I first opened it up. Never seen it before. It turned off when I pushed the unlock option. But I kept thinking it must have some significance to the slide out problem--association with the two events seemed too much to be a coincidence. Does anyone know if turning your slide out valves to the off position will trigger that warning on the control panel?

Doug
Attached Images

mdmarmd is offline   Reply With Quote