View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 04:15 PM   #11
mdmarmd
Established Member

M.O.C. #20369
Solved!

So, we were pretty much resigned to living in the cramped RV until the mobile repair guy could come on June 29th. But at least we could stay up here.

Then, this morning the guy calls and said he's in the camp. He had some other jobs to do at Almanor and he thought he would at least stop by and get a sense of what this job involves.

Turns out it was a simple fix. There are two knobs under the LCI panel on the outside that controls the leveling ramps. These two valves control the slide outs so that if you were somewhere where you only could put one out, you could close the other one. I recall reading about them but never touched them.

The Lippert technician had told me to check the slide out valves but I thought he was referring to the bank of three valves near the pump, and none were labeled so I didn't know which were to the slide outs or the leveling system. I thought the outside panel was all for the auto leveling system and forgot that there were two valves there...Duh!

Before we came up, one of the neighbors called Kathryn to say she was out walking and heard a beeping from our rig. Her husband came over and turned something off.

It turns out that he must have turned these two switches to the off position. That meant both valves to the slide out were closed and so they wouldn't move and the pump was way overloaded. The repairman thought maybe the high pressure pushed through a seal and was able to push the kitchen out, or maybe that valve was open a little bit.

So, the repairman just turned them to open and the slide out went right out.

I asked him how much for his time and he said $150, and I gave him $250 because we were so relieved that he came out early, so it was worth it for us. If we had to tow it for repair, it would cost $1000-1200 probably just for the round trip tow.

So this little crises is solved.

PS--I see that in the second reply in this thread, Montana Man had the right thought. Unlike most of you, I really don't do much except live in my RV, so dealing with these valves didn't register with me as I never faced having to use them.
mdmarmd is offline   Reply With Quote