View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 09:48 PM   #40
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Slow, I've looked for your trailer and truck specifics but have failed to find them. Can you post?

"Pulling" a trailer "without a single issue" doesn't mean you did it while staying within weight capacities....being safe. All kinds of folks pull all kinds of things overweight and say "it tows fine to me"....that's really not the right answer. As I alluded to in another post, maybe in another forum; being able to make it move is one thing, and you may be able to do so for 30k...100k miles while overloaded...but, the prudent thing is to make sure the numbers (All of them) are within the limits. At some day the "day of reckoning" will come and who pays then? The guy in the other lane? Wife and kids? Numbers drive where you are....not towing without an issue. Just real life.

Some people could just care less about those numbers and there are thousands of them. They obviously don't care about their safety/ their families safety/ or the safety of anyone around them.

Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should.

To give an example I'm a master Carpenter by trade, I could come to your house and build you a new treated wood deck using all two-by-fours. It would probably be fine for just you and the family. But just how many people are you willing to put on it before you start to worry
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote