Thread: bug something?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 04:44 AM   #24
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Steve,

Boy do I know what your talking about. I too used some super duper bug stuff on my front cap. Made a mess of the front cap. I tried to clean and wax it and forget it, it just wouldn't come back.

Fortunately (?) I had a couple of spider cracks in the front cap. My dealer got paint over spray all over the cap while doing the crack repair. The more they tried buffing to clean it up the worse the condition got. I even tried to work on it myself using rubbing compound by hand. That took off the over spray and the clear coat that looked so bad. The problem with that was, It took me about 1 hour a sq. ft. That 1 sq. ft. sure looked good, but the other 70 or so sq. ft. was more that I was ready for.

My Dealer called Keystone and told them about the overspray problem caused by the spider crack repair. Keystone steped up and agreed to pay for a complete strip and paint and new graphics at a local RV collision shop. My Dealer did the paint prep and the Graphics the collision shops paint job cost $800. Normally they charge $1200 but had agreed to $800. The total job must have cost Keystone $2000+ with the crack repair and everything else.

I satisfied with the new paint job and will do my best at keeping it looking good. NO MORE SUPER DUPER BUG REMOVER for me. Just plenty of wax and mild soap.

By the way I got that "super duper" stuff at wally's. Beware

Wish you well with yours,

azstar is offline   Reply With Quote