Thread: Closing Threads
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 10:37 AM   #20
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
The last thread I saw was shut down due to the possibility of it going off track. The original request was asking about ideas concerning moving to and retiring in CA. The advice was valid as experienced folks shared about high costs, the unfavorable political climate, and more. It seems that the original poster received enough information to help make a major life decision. I didn't see any real arguments or insults between members.

It appeared to me that the closure was due to a negative consensus regarding living in the state, not infighting or inapproiate comments.
Exactly.

The comments may have had some political tones but only in as much as it directly affects a very important decision of where to live. You cannot totally exclude politics of an area from such a discussion as it very much impacts (particularly in California) your life like it or not! Even the most loyal Californian would have to admit that their states politics has made the state extremely expensive to live in. I don't hate California, it has what I consider some of the most beautiful scenery in the country (the Redwoods are really something) but I absolutely would not want to live there!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote