View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Looking for Tire Advice.........

I’m hoping you all don’t mind helping out someone who is not a MOC member. A great young (in their mid-20s) couple across the street has decided to travel the USA for a year or so. They were looking at 5th wheels and ended up earlier this week, bringing home a 2009, triple axle, 37’ toy hauler. It has a GVWR of 15,500 and is about 13'6" tall.

He went to DMV two days ago for a class A license and of course ran into all sorts of trouble there but it's been straightened out now.

They wanted a toy hauler for the open space and ability to take his tools and her craft items. They also bought a used Ford dually to haul it with.

These kids are GREEN. Never have pulled anything in their lives before and this will be quite a learning experience for them. I actually envy them.

Any ways, where I am looking for advice is they need six new tires on the toy hauler. Someone is telling them to get RV tires from Les Schwab at $200 apiece. What’s the best in terms of reliability and warranty for someone who will be on the road for a year or more? If you can honestly recommend a tire, please give the tire name/number.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it has 16" rims and mostly original Trailer King tires on it.

Thanks!

Margee.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote