View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 09:03 AM   #20
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Went to CW today to get the pricing for the air bags. It helps a little that I'm a Presidents Club member, but it's a pretty costly investment. The Super Duty Air Bags are $289.00, Installation fee is $124.20. There is a two year warranty, but if I go with the Load Controller II Single Gauge in cab the air bags then have a lifetime warranty. The in cab gauge is $149.00 and another $142.20 for installation. So it will cost about $730.00 for the works. They also offer a three year protection plan for the in cab gauge for $29.99, but I don't think I would be wasting my money on that.

I'm leaning towards getting the in cab gauge mostly because I don't want the hassle of not only finding a place to accomodate my trying to get air while hooked up to the monty. But, nothing ticks me off more than going to a station and being insulted by them wanting me to pay 25/50 cents for freakin' air okay? Anyway, I see that many of you opted and recommend the in cab gauge. I guess I'm just going to sit back and see if more people respond with their opinions.

Also, would this be a good selling feature if I were to sell the truck in the future, or would it be a negative??

I also wonder if I should call Mid-West and see how much they would charge me for the parts, and then I could take them to CW to be installed. Maybe the parts would be cheaper through Mid-West. It couldn't hurt to check it out right? Thanks...

Jan

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote