Thread: Mold
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 10:58 AM   #8
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
3_Fingers,

I don't know what's causing the mold, but I do know what will clean it up and keep it at bay a little longer. And that is Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Just make the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser wet, but not dripping, wipe (do not scrub) the affected area and clean up the mold, and just leave it wet to dry on it's own.

I have not found ANYTHING that works better at keeping black and mold away than this. FYI, if you've never tried a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on your awning, you are in for a real pleasant surprise! Just wipe wet, and go over the wet with a dry cloth. Don't rinse. if the black and mold and bugs and stuff does not come off, repeat. Wipe on, dry off. Do this in about foot square areas and then move to the next spot.

Inside the camper, or outside the camper, the mold and black won't come back for at least a year. Try it, you have nothing to loose. Just remember, .... wipe on wet, dry off with a dry towel. Leave the chemicals on the surface. (do NOT scrub unless it's the sink or a metal pot ... wipe only).
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote