View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 07:11 PM   #37
LaydBack
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21214
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
Here's the answer from someone who did it and posted on Facebook:
There is a stagger control mounted behind the breaker box. The bedroom and the 3rd unit are hooked to it and the bedroom has priority. I disconnected the third A/C power line and put it in with the central vac on its breaker. Will have to turn off the air conditioner when I vacuum. I can run all three with it wired this wa
Used a Dometic Brisk 2, 13.5
Kenny Bogard

Many thanks to Kenny for the info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsch View Post
So I finally was able to look at the intake vents. Wow. The ducting was collapsed to about 1/2 inch both in the living room and the bedroom. I used a piece of 1 1/2 inch PVC as recommended in an earlier post to open the duct. You could feel the difference in the exit pressure of the A/C vents. When I checked the intake vents in the bedroom I was amazed to see that the opening cut by the factory was only about 1/2 of the size of the vent covers. I was amazed at how little air was exiting the A/C vents in the bedroom. I cut the intake opening to match the size of the vent covers and re-taped them with aluminum tape. Again, what a difference in the output pressure of the A/C vents.

If you are having any issues with your A/C not moving enough air, I would definitely recommend checking these two things. They are very easy to correct and don't take much time.

Third A/C will be installed this Friday. Dometic Blizzard NXT. I will comment on that after it is installed.

Now to adding more output vents to the bedroom ceiling...
I noticed you guys used different units for your 3rd AC. Does either match what is already up there from the factory? Does anyone know which Dometic units the factory puts on? Thanks
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote