View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 05:35 PM   #1
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Missing galley grey tank handle and rod.

2016 Montana 3160
We went over White Pass for five days of heat relief at Harmony Lakeside Resort near Mt. Rainer. Nice cool weather in the 60’s and 70’s.
Now the problem, as we were getting ready to return home Sunday morning I was busy flushing the black tank. After that task I went to flush the galley grey tank and could not find my tee handle. After cleaning my glasses and getting a better look all I could find was the little hole through the cloroplast where the rod had been. Obviously nothing hit the handle as I would have broken plumbing or other issues. The only thing that I can figure out is that the rod and handle unscrewed and fell out. I have not dropped the chloroplast to see what remains of the valve actuator device. Does anyone know of or heard of this occurring? If so what was the fix for this issue? Luckily the galley tank was not completely full so everything in it came home with us.

I actually thought my next project on this unit was to securely fasten the crown molding in the living room or replace the vinyl trim on the sides and near the hitch with a higher quality product. I have been reading about the trim screws for the molding and I have read that they make a thicker vinyl trim for the outside. Any other great ideas or information would be appreciated on these other jobs.

Thanks in advance.

Tom Marty