View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 08:32 AM   #29
Josh_713
Established Member

M.O.C. #26352
Question for the pros!

So I’m on my second PD transfer switch. Was working fine until two days ago when all of a sudden the intermittent power disruption with the clicking noise. Ask me how happy I was!!

Anyway, we are mid trip so I decided to bypass the switch (no genny onboard) so that we could continue on. Everything was working fine after the bypass but this morning while running the coffee machine and toaster (as well as air conditioning), I started to smell burning electrical. Quickly shut everything down and then went to investigate at the switch. Found that the connector on the neutral (white) wire had melted the butt connector. Looking further I noticed that one of the ground wires (bare copper) had come loose from the grounding bar attached in transfer switch housing.

In my simple mind this was the culprit to the burning wire and there fire I cleaned up the wire and reattached with a new connector. Reattached the ground wire and tightened and double tightened (as I cursed myself). My question is… does this make sense as to what caused my issue??

Attached is a picture of my work. Does this look right?

Second guessing myself… can you tell?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A5EE95DF-C8EB-4611-AC8D-56C7ACC9970C.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	9762  
Josh_713 is offline   Reply With Quote