View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 02:14 PM   #11
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourbon County View Post
We always seem to end up in the Pigeon Forge area about twice a year. I've used Anchor Down once and was not impressed. To begin with when you pull up to register the parking spot for registration is on a pretty steep grade, steep enough to chock your wheels. The most annoying thing for me was the golf cart usage. The campground has a large fleet of rental carts and there were kids that appeared to be as young as 8-10 years old just driving laps around the campground, reminded me of the Indy 500. They absolutely will not stop long enough to let you back in. The campground itself is quite beautiful; seems like there are 2 or maybe 3 different levels with the lower level having spaces looking over Douglas Lake. From here you are at least 30-45 minutes from Dollywood depending on traffic. If your travels are during the week when the kids should be in school this maybe won't be so bad.

We have become regulars at Pine Mountain RV Park in Pigeon Forge. It's relatively small, 72 sites; quiet and very well kept. There are mature trees everywhere and a stream along one side. If you look it up, take a look at the 2 sites on the cul-de-sac #61 & 62, they are very spacious. We were there in early May and if I remember correctly they were $69/night. It's very close to Dollywood, shopping, and restaurants. They accept reservations 6 months in advance based on your departure date, not check-in.

Smokey Bear RV Park in Gatlinburg is another small and highly rated park. Have not personally stayed there. There are a number of CGs along the Gatlinburg East Parkway, if you choose one of those, do NOT pull through downtown Gatlinburg. It's extremely narrow and many stop lights.
Thanks very much for this information. I will definitely check it out.

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote