View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 06:53 AM   #3
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Agree with everything Bleedmichigan recommended. Another television antenna you might consider is the Rayzar z1 Wingard antenna - click here. Our 2019 Montana High Country came factory with one of these. All our previous campers had the traditional crank-up bat wing. The traditional bat wing antenna is hard to beat provided the camper is installed with the power booster.

The only big difference with some of the newer antennas is they are able to find the best signal automatically and you don't have to crank or turn anything. Nice features, but it does require more sophisticated electronics to be installed.

The Wingard Razyar will work seamless with your current existing television set-up and the existing power booster. The Razyar is suppose to be omni-directional, but it can be turned and pointed to fine tune a little better. Actually, mine, I've found it can be pointed pretty much any direction and it pulls stations in fine. Maybe in more remote areas where there may be only one or two television signals coming from a specific location, changing directions may fine tune. But so far, after almost 2 years of ownership with the Razyar, we've never had issues with over-the-air reception.

I'm sure the King Jack is similar. But I don't know if the direction can be changed. But either one is a good alternative if you are wanting to replace your batwing. But other than cranking up and down, and remembering to crank down when leaving the campground, the old style batwings still can't be beat.

Personally, I'd keep the batwing and save that $119 for camp ground fees. For us, Internet service (WIFI) is more important that watching television when camping.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote