View Single Post
Old 07-21-2004, 03:41 PM   #7
Montana_1683
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1683
If we are camping at a state park, I like to fish for a while hopefully catch enough for dinner. Then walk around the campground with Buff, he loves this especially if he takes his ball with him, and look at the various RV's that are around. (Did this especially before deciding to upgrade to a 5er. This is the best way to get input on a unit before buying one. Campers are always good salespeople for RV's.) (Had a hard time deciding between the Cedar Creek & Montana, campers raved about both.)

Also like to build a fire at night, sit drinking coffee, maybe eat salted peanuts or sunflower seeds until late just taking the view of the light shimmering off the lake, gazing at the stars ( have a background in astronomy) and listening to the night sounds.

The one thing I hate about many of the private campgrounds ( KOA, Good Sams, etc.) many do not provide fire rings for campfires.
Buff doesn't like these either, there always too many barking dogs when we walk. He looks at me and wonders why they do all the barking. He also hates the leash rules, generally he avoids the leash. He wants room to play ball, especially soccer, of course he outlasts me. Often times he will attract kids in the campground to join in a friendly soccer game.

Since buying our new 5er, I also look at ways to better store items in the unit's basement and front storeage area. Also ways to make improve on what we have. Its different organizing items now than when we had our TT. Things just don't fit quite right. Seems there was more cubby holes in the TT.

Barb likes the quiet time making beaded jewelry, and scrapbooking. She isn't really the outgoing sociable type. She does like to walk around the campground when we are by a lake, but does venture out much when at a private campground. When we visit a new city or state, we much look for a scrapbooking store.

Gary
Montana_1683 is offline   Reply With Quote