View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 02:11 PM   #47
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hblick48 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love the concept and hope that other manufacturers get on the bandwagon and come up with variations. I'm also lazy and love my Winegard Traveler and solar panels. Basement A/C is brilliant.

Would need a chairlift for DW. An integrated option from the mfg. would be best.
Actually I like the idea of nothing on the roof. Reduces chance of a leak and is easier to maintain!!

New Horizon and Spacecraft already have models that use Mini Splits. Technically they are not what I would call a basement A/C unit as they are not ducted units and the compressor is either in the nose or on the side of the unit and not in the basement storage area. Previous attempts at the concept used an actual basement compressor unit more like a house or a marine unit. I should also mention that Mini splits are all the rage in the cargo trailer conversion circles. They certainly make sense as they are very efficient and fairly compact.

I understand the need for lifts but I don't think you will ever see the original mfg. do it. There isn't enough demand out there for that. Fortunately there are several companies that do it aftermarket. I actually saw one company (I think it was Forest River) that had teamed up with an after market company to show off one model with wheelchair lift at the Hershey, PA show.

Also with a large storage bay you could carry motorized wheel chair and related items.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote