View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 04:32 AM   #9
woodtic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12753
I installed the Ram picture frame adapter yesterday. Took a while to get all the mounts adjusted for a nice snug fit. Put my reese r16 into the frame and it fit tight, but not too tight. There is no play now in the mounting what so ever. I likey... Hitched up the trailer. Truck didn't squat much but, appears that the bed rails are very level. Monty is nose high. Didn't measure it, but I'm guessing 6" higher in the front than the rear from the ground. Clearance from the bed rails is 5 3/4" at the rear and 6 1/4" at the front of the cap. The trailer is loaded for travel.

I still have a warrany problem with my suspention (looks to me like the springs on OD side have lost their arch) that needs to be corrected. Once that is taken care of, I'll be getting new tires installed which are a little taller than the Marathons. After all that is done my Monty should ride a little higher. maybe I'll only have 3"-4" differance front to rear after its all over. I think I'll be OK with that. I had 13'2" vetical hight with my last truck. Guessing I've added about 4" to that amount with the new truck

Now that I've hitched up and checked clearances I'm going to get a low profile tonneau cover.

gjetsen: I understand what your questioning about the hitch. GWR on my trailer is 15,500. Unloaded according to the sticker 12,650. I've never weighed it, so I'm just guessing. If I had all the holding tanks full, it would probably be real close to the GWR and max pin weight. The R16 is a nice hitch and it should be up to the task, it's not a cheap 16k hitch. Don't remember for sure but I think it's rated for about 4000# pin weight.
woodtic is offline   Reply With Quote