View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 01:38 AM   #4
gjetzen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7542
I tend to run light, always have. With the old truck I weighed the combo several times. I keep the trailer loaded all the time with the same stuff and the same amount, it may vary by 100lbs depending on where we go. when I go to Florida I run a little heavier, but not by much. I don't know were Keystone got their figures but they claim 14600 max with 10360 empty and a pin of 2300. Well the pin is pretty close empty at 2330 but the axles weighed in at 8601 so that would give me 10961 empty, so I guess that is the difference between base model empty and as delivered with options empty. This model is a rear kitchen which I think helps when loading because most of the stuff that I pack goes to the rear very little weight wise goes up front. When I weigh the combo loaded this is what happens, the heaviest axle weight I've had to date is 9640 with a corresponding pin weight of 2592. Any way the point I was trying to make is that I'm real close to both my truck cargo capacity and GCWR, once I get the DW and a full tank of fuel. so that's how the truck sits being close to max.

To answer your other question when I purchased my truck nothing was available from Dodge over-the-counter. If you wanted the factory 5th wheel set-up you had to order the truck that way. I have a Pull-rite frame kit on my truck and the local Keystone dealer did the frame kit and rail install, so I don't know how they actually come out. Being an auto mechanic for 40 years (now retired) I do know that a hammer especially a BDH and a screw driver will fix most anything but not all LOL.
gjetzen is offline   Reply With Quote