View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #13
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
To confirm or clear up what your service tech said ... until recent model year most all Montanas came with standard shackles (the short arms between the springs and mounts)and a pitiful nylon bushing surrounding the shackle bolt inside each spring eye. Recent model year has gone to the thicker shackles and a greasable bolt with a brass or bronze bushing which is sturdier all around. All of the above can be bought and installed to give more peace of mind. As for your dealer saying alignment and used up tires is considered general maintenance and is not covered by warranty ... in my case I disagreed, documented everything, took photos, and presented my case directly to Keystone customer service as well as thru a dealer. After reviewing my issues with a brand new unit ... Keystone came thru and reimbursed me for what it took to make my running gear right. As you have confirmed, axles can be tweeked back into specs, but going out on a limb here with an arm chair diagnosis ... if you indeed are pealing off tires solely on one end of one axle , I'd venture to say the spindle is bent on the end of the axle which may require an axle replacement. Again, that is an arm chair guess ... take your fiver to a business that deals in trailer suspensions then go from there.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote