View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #6
Maury
Established Member

M.O.C. #11300
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Maury

Presently on the third tire on front axle, passenger side, as replaced tires showed intense, uneven wear on outside tread. Technician recently suggested this problem due to incomplete installation of Mor-Ryde components such as grease accepting bearings, stronger frame drop-down plate, additional rod across frame, etc. Said this type of suspension system is excellent but seldom totally installed - just enough to carry the Mor-Ryde label. Possible? Or, pardon my paranoia, another attempt to make money off a worried senior?
Thank you all for your prompt response. I DO hope to get out of the tire business but, frankly, am having a lot of trouble believing much of what dealers tell us. I have heard this suspension allows alignment; I have heard it does not. As I noted, now I am hearing there are parts missing and, for $400, these parts can be added. I hear this is a basic warranty covered item and I have heard that it's a maintenance issue and therefore not covered. First tire showed steel cords with about 3000 miles on it; second tire showed a few bare "cups" after one year. I agree it seems to be be an alignment issue but who does one believe as to whether or not such can be done? Also, have heard axle may be bent - dealer says maybe its a warranty item and maybe not. I have also heard the 6000 lb. axle is too light and 8000 should be put on; others say 6000 is just fine. These contradictions are why I joined this forum and appreciate your input very much.
Maury is offline   Reply With Quote