View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 01:45 PM   #27
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerbk View Post
Cyndee and I have our Montana and in the process of setting it up.
I have read through the 'necessary' tools to bring along...and I must be mis-reading or mis-understanding something.

a basic tool assortment (not my 3/4 or 1 inch drive stuff )....dewalt 18v tools, 1/4 and 3/8 sockets, pliers, hex and torx tools, etc. must weigh close to 300 pounds and in 4 soft sided bags.

I feel I am way overdoing this, but it is not that much in the way of tools....and does not include the hydraulic jack and tools for a tire change.

As the model Montana we have (3820FK) does not have that much storage anyway...what am I missing. there are limited opportunities to add storage that I see

Thanks for the insights
bryon
300 lbs??? My tool box, not including my portable power drill, driver, two batteries, charger and torque wrench, weigh maybe 40 lbs. My basic socket wrench and case maybe 5-10 pounds. I do have a strong air compressor as well. I have all the basics with screw drivers, two small and one full size vice grips. I may have a few extra items I may not use but not 300 pounds worth. Like others have mentioned, I try to carry what I would need for repairs I can do myself. If I need to change a tire i call my roadside insurance and have them do it. Any heavy lifting or extensive repairs either goes to my roadside coverage or the shop. Just not as young as I used to be. I’ m handy enough for the little stuff but thats it. I’ m also not full time. I have a lot more tools at the house that have been collected over the years, but try to carry only what I can use on the road for the 5er. Sounds like you can scale back quite a bit.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote