View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 11:59 AM   #1
brooks340
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25402
Basement modification

We have a 2020 MHC 294RL and I am mostly complete a solar and inverter installation. I have the Victron Multiplus, batteries, solar controller, all fuses, buss bars etc all installed in the front battery compartment. While this works well, it's a bit dusty/dirty being upfront and it's also not heated. This will become an issue should I upgrade to lithium batteries in the future as they have a thermal charging cut-off at 32 degrees. So, I am thinking of utilizing the space behind the basement wall, between the stairs and the furnace/water heater. There is a descent amount of space if I just cleaned up the wiring and build a frame to install the gear. That way it's out of the way, it's in a heated space, and as long as I build an access door, and possibly a plexiglass window it should work. The issue I'm having is the aft basement doors are attached to a metal frame that runs the width of the trailer. It's secured to both the floor and the basement ceiling ribs. Does anyone know if this is solely to attach the basement walls or does it provide structural support for the ceiling? I would need to remove parts of it to configure the basement as I've outlined above and I'm hesitant to do that until I'm sure it's not load bearing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210415_223842362.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	331.8 KB
ID:	8958