View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 06:45 PM   #10
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Since you've changed/replaced most things other than the regulator it would seem that it might be the regulator or a component that has already been replaced.

Replaced the control board on a Dometic 35k unit 3-4 years ago. Failed again right after replacement - installed Dinosaur board and no more problems. This winter in FL furnace started acting flaky - similar to yours but not exactly. Turned out to be the regulator. Seemed over a few minutes of running the regulator could not keep up. I finally turned on all the burners on the stove and fired up the furnace. I could see the difference in the flames when the furnace fired and over a period of a few minutes you could see the flames start to dwindle. Doesn't sound like that is your issue - maybe control board.

I will throw this out as well; I doubt it's your problem but this winter while in FL my furnace would click, fire up and run for a period of time and start to warm the unit up then shut off. After that it would just try to ignite, click and time out. Figured it was the limit switch and was about to get one but thought about the process for it - getting too hot? Come to find out I had installed a mesh screen over the exhaust for mud daubers and such and removed it.....fixed the issue. Seems really crazy but guess the 35k puts out enough heat, and the mesh screen provided just enough blockage, that it caused the limit switch to kick in. Just something to think about in the future. You've done a lot of work so far and wishing you good luck in getting it going.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote