View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 07:34 AM   #8
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
We will be on our way in a couple weeks to New England, leaving Upstate New York. We will be crossing VT and NH directly to Maine. We will be going to the Ellsworth/Acadia NP area first, staying at Timberland Acres CG. This CG has huge sites and is about 15 miles from the park. There are a couple closer CGs but many close Columbus Day weekend. We will be going from there to Harrington, ME and Sunset Point CG. Very small but the views are great and the owner will serve you a lobster meal at a very reasonable cost. We have stayed at both before and have been happy. A new one will be near Booth Bay, Gray Homestead CG. It has great reviews and a virtual You Tube tour.

A CG near Old Orchard Beach that we stayed in a couple years ago, Wild Duck is an adult only CG and can be a bit tight but is close to Portland and the South Coast - Kennebunk, Kittery, etc. The Freeport-Durham KOA does a good job as well. Cedar Haven near Freeport has decent sites - but I found them too tight. If you get as far as Lubec, ME, I cannot reccomend this one also named Sunset Point - unless you like almost overlapping slides. Others think it's a great CG.

An opinion - CGs like Bayley's near Old Orchard are fine if you have kids. It can be noisy and dusty but it is very close to the beach and their prices will show that.

A few years back we stayed at Hemlock Grove CG just South of Biddefordand had a great time. Another is Homestead by the River. Many years ago we styed there for months at a time and I full timed one summer when working on a project in Biddeford. It's no longer the same owners but the sites were great

NH - virtually any CG near Mt Washington though Crazy Horse CG near Littleton is not recommended. They put us in a site that was easy to get into but required a lot of maneuvering to exit. Then there was that drunken party and shrieking women seasonals party for three nights until after 2:00am the CG did nothing to quiet.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote