View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 08:55 AM   #16
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtncrash1 View Post
How long will it be before a cdl is required? Let’s face it folks there are many out there that have never pulled a trailer or driven a big class a. All of our rigs fall under the requirements for needing a cdl. If they do that they should also make us all compliant with the requirements of a cdl. Including the physical requirements, hours of service and, blood alcohol levels. How many have pulled your rig 10-12 hours or more at a time? How many could pass a cdl physical? How many have stopped for a meal somewhere and had a drink or two? I’m sure this isn’t a popular opinion but, the truth is these rigs are ever bit as dangerous as the commercial vehicles going down the road and in some cases more so.
I suppose you are correct and I guess we should be careful what we wish for. Having the government step in to enforce what I might think is right could lead to government overreach which I am decidedly against!!!

I started my oilfield career on large bobtail trucks hauling hazardous chemicals which of course was CDL Hazmat. I drive like a trucker when towing and certainly have my own ideas (often stated with a passion) about what everyone SHOULD be towing with. But on the other hand, I hated that the government had so many requirements (many that made no sense at all) then and I don't think I would care for what they would likely do related to RV license requirements if they got heavy handed.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote