View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #9
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

I realize this is offtopic but I have a question for Orv. Who put those batteries in the rig? I don't think I'd be able to deadlift that much weight by myself or maybe even with help. The longer I'm retired the weaker I get. I can't imagine encountering a need to lift that much weight any more. I guess it's time to invest in a hydraulic motor jack.

Meanwhile back on topic, isn't a lot of the weight in Irlp's setup associated with the fact that EACH 1.25 V battery is separate and has its own packaging to eventually create a single 12v battery power source? Wouldn't this weigh a lot less if the redundancy of packaging was removed? Maybe that's what Orv is trying to get at and he has potentially twice the capability at half the potential weight since he had TWO 12v power sources instead of one. But I don't know enough that it would provide as much long term juice. Orv's batteries sure sound way better than the basic podunk deep cycle batteries I use.
I had them installed in Florida by Palmer Enterprises. Two men can put them in. They were removed and re-installed out in California near where you are by that RV service place that rents storage space for RVs. He's gone now. His wife left him because he was married to his business. Two men did it there too with a little help from a hydraulic piece of equipment. They've been operating since September 2003.
Every time I go to my dealer, he always has me back in or pull in the garage because if he hooks on with his front end Bobcat (I think it's a Bobcat), the back wheels come off the ground! My front end is pretty heavy.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote