Thread: Shock absorbers
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 06:01 AM   #3
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Carl, I've been doing as much research as possible on upgrading my suspension. I have the Road Armor system as original equipment on our 2019 3791RD. So far, it appears that the Morryde IS is the best option. The next option is to add the Morryde XFactor cross members, at least one in the center, but possibly 3 in center and at each spring mount. Most of the shock absorber options, including the Road Master and the Lippert one, do not sit vertically enough to provide much help. In some cases, I have heard they actually restrict the vertical movement of the wheels, which then transfers all of the shock to the frame and coach. The IS system allows for the most vertical wheel travel of any of the systems I've look at so far. That seems to be the key for dampening the road shock.
The XFactor Cross Member system does not dampen road shock, but is supposed to help support the frame hangers for the springs and equalizer, especially in tight turns. I'm still trying to decide if I'll add them since Lippert says doing so would void my frame warranty. But they also said the same thing about the Morryde IS, however with the latter, I think Morryde gives a 5 year warranty of their own but I doubt it covers anything to do with the frame or frame flex issue. Everyone I've discussed this with, from engineers to owners agree the shock system is, at best, no improvement, and at worst, actually worsens the ride quality as the vertical movement is restricted.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote