View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #33
DAR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12658
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Blk_Adventurer

The work is being done at Keystone. I was told the frame flex is the issue causing the cable breakage. Once the cable falls out of alignment with the hole , friction causes the cable to gradually tread away.

The frame flex issue was minimum, more cosmetic then structural since no frame welding or cracks were noted.
Now you have stirred my curiosity even more. There is frame flex so what did they do to address the issue??? I don't understand how it can be minimal if it is causing the slide frame to flex enough to rub the cable till it breaks, to me that would be more than minimal. If the frame flex issue is not addressed it will continue to rub the cable till it breaks. If your slide frame is coming apart like mine is in the pics posted in this thread, you will be back at the dealer or Keystone in a couple months.
I do hope you that you do not have a severe issue, I would not wish this on anyone.

Also did they take open up the frame by the hitch area to look for the cracked welds etc.? I assume they would have to do that to know how severe the flex is.

I am asking these questions to have a general understanding of what to expect If Keystone is willing to step up and take care of this issue on mine.
Thank you for your responses I hope more folks that have cable and Frame Flex issues will speak up also.

DAR is offline   Reply With Quote