Thread: Washer & Dryer
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 04:24 PM   #45
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
We have the Kariba Bendix made in Italy and now sold in U.S. as the Splendide. It is the unvented model, a bit of a misnomer as it is actually a condensing dryer that vents the water (moisture) to the drain. Moisture is not released into the coach as some suppose. This type of drying does take a little longer, but we just put 'em in and ~ 2.5 hrs later they're clean and dry.

The way we got our w/d is kind of a unique story. I was reading on rv.net one evening and a guy with a motor home was offering the w/d free to anyone who would remove it, as he needed the space it occupied. I sent him an email to find out where he was and he said he was in Key West. Kind of a long drive for me in Atlanta. LOL Anyway, I found out he was going to be in Tampa in a few weeks and as it turns out my daughter lived there at the time. So I went to visit my daughter and stopped by the campgound to see the guy, removed it and now we had a w/d.

Our Montana Mountaineer TT did not have hookups or space for the w/d as it came from the factory. So, I removed the big tube TV from the entertainment center, covered the area with a wall and mounted a flat panel TV. I then went into the bathroom and cut a hole into the back of the entertainment area, built a frame to support the w/d, plumbed in a drain and water connections and ran an electric circuit. Everyone who sees it thinks it came this way from the factory.

Yes, we have a washer/dryer and wouldn't be without it. We have been campground hosts and always camp the entire summer. Debbie loves having her own private laundry and if she's happy, then I am too.

fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote