View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 03:46 PM   #17
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mhs4771

Still a junk tire (nicknamed on another forum "Blow Max", just a higher rating. Maybe they'll last a couple of miles longer.
Yep, that's why I replaced them before taking delivery. Not talking quality or opinion of quality, it was stated in an earlier post stated "All units with 7000# axles that are using load range "E" tires such as Marathons have the GAWR reduced" All units with "E" rated tire are not reduced such as Power Max. Again we tend to throw a really big loop on this forum and try to encompass an entire "E" rating as requiring to axle derating, many ST tires such as Kenda, Briway, Maxxis, and others would not require a derated axle. As far as the tires I've seen come thru the dealer on the Montana line, only the Marathons require derated axles. Now don't read this as saying I think any of the factory tire are good choices. I can see problems with many of them. But then again I have seen numerous blowout reviews and have seen one personally on the great G614. However the G614 is my personal choice. The best can fail due to manufacture defect, road hazard, etc. But it takes a real special tire to fail more then it succeeds, which appear to be the case with Marathons and Power Max, when used on these heavier trailers.
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote